Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Centerpiece of our Worship


A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I attend Mass at St. Thomas the Apostle Parish whenever I'm in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and that I was excited to find that they had recently placed a new Tabernacle right behind the main altar. For your infotainment I've managed to find a photo of the setup that I thought I would share. It's from the parish website, and the photo credit is actually on the photo. As you can see, the parish is located in the lush rain forests of southeastern Michigan.

2 comments:

Paul S. said...

The tabernacle at St. Thomas got a pictorial shout-out in a recent document from the Bishop of Fort Wayne-South Bend: It showed up on the first page of the 'here's how to do it' section of his recent letter on sacred architecture.

See page 13 of this .pdf

Shawn Tribe provides some excerpts at NLM.

Vitae Scrutator said...

Paul, thanks for passing that along--it's great to hear!

Homily for Requiem Mass of Michael Carson, 20 November 2021

  Readings OT: Wisdom 3:1-6, 9 [2, short form] Ps: 25 [2] NT: Romans 8:31b-35, 37-39 [6] Alleluia verse: John 6:39 [...