Wednesday, October 12, 2005

This I Believe

Ordinarily I find myself a little put off by the NPR series "This I Believe". Some of the folks taking the podium in that forum strike me as a little full of themselves. I don't want to vent about it, though, since it's too close to blogging to be a comfortable thing to whine about.

However, this installment struck me as particularly good, and I want to recommend it. It's by an African American man who has done very well for himself professionally, and he attributes his success to the good parenting he got from his mother. Since I was essentially raised by my mother I'm always on the lookout for good stories about single moms doing a good job, and this is a pretty good story. It's also rather inspiring.

No comments:

Homily for Requiem Mass of Michael Carson, 20 November 2021

  Readings OT: Wisdom 3:1-6, 9 [2, short form] Ps: 25 [2] NT: Romans 8:31b-35, 37-39 [6] Alleluia verse: John 6:39 [...