Saturday, November 03, 2007

Bishop Duncan to Jefferts Shori

Yesterday, the Episcopal Diocese of Pittsburgh released the following letter from Bishop Robert Duncan to Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Shori:
1st November, A.D. 2007
The Feast of All Saints

The Most Revd Katharine Jefferts Schori
Episcopal Church Center
New York, New York

Dear Katharine,

Here I stand. I can do no other. I will neither compromise the Faith once delivered to the saints, nor will I abandon the sheep who elected me to protect them.

Pax et bonum in Christ Jesus our Lord,

+Bob Pittsburgh
Too bad about that whole "Here I stand" thing, but it's rhetorically effective, I suppose.

Best wishes and God speed to the Anglicans in Pittsburgh. Of course, you're always welcome on this side of the Tiber, too. Trust me, it's not that far across: come on home!

2 comments:

John Farrell said...

This is fascinating to watch, and you can't help wondering if it's the first squall in a coming storm.

Tom said...

Too bad about that whole "Here I stand" thing, but it's rhetorically effective, I suppose.

I don't know. If you're going to sign a letter "+Bob Pittsburgh," why not just cut to the chase with,

"Nuts."

Homily for Requiem Mass of Michael Carson, 20 November 2021

  Readings OT: Wisdom 3:1-6, 9 [2, short form] Ps: 25 [2] NT: Romans 8:31b-35, 37-39 [6] Alleluia verse: John 6:39 [...