Sunday, October 01, 2006

Kip Hawley Is An Idiot

Welcome to Amerika: CNN reports that a "combative" passenger was detained by airport security for carrying a toiletries bag bearing the slogan "Kip Hawley is an idiot". Kip Hawley is the director of the TSA, just in case you were wondering. The passenger was told that "You can't write things like that" and compared it to making jokes about bombs and stuff like that. Well, sure, some jokes are bombs, but this one's not bad if you ask me. It's interesting how not liking inane TSA procedures means you're "combative". The guy's probably just a libertarian--that's how the feds define "combative" anyway these days.

I'd like to think that I'll be spending a little more time at the airport now, but I doubt that the Big Kipper reads my blog.

No comments:

Homily for Requiem Mass of Michael Carson, 20 November 2021

  Readings OT: Wisdom 3:1-6, 9 [2, short form] Ps: 25 [2] NT: Romans 8:31b-35, 37-39 [6] Alleluia verse: John 6:39 [...