Thursday, September 27, 2007

John Bekkos

Until today I had never heard of John Bekkos, but I already like what I know about him. I learned what little I do know from Peter Gilbert, who has a blog that appears to have John Bekkos as a central point of discussion. The blog is called De unione ecclesiarum, and you may find a short summary of some of Bekkos's views here.

Bekkos was the Patriarch of Constantinople during the so-called Union of Lyons (1275-1282), and many of the opinions that Gilbert has collected strike me as quite congenial to my own views. I look forward to learning much more about him, and exploring our common heritage.

No comments:

Homily for Requiem Mass of Michael Carson, 20 November 2021

  Readings OT: Wisdom 3:1-6, 9 [2, short form] Ps: 25 [2] NT: Romans 8:31b-35, 37-39 [6] Alleluia verse: John 6:39 [...